Blackmagic Design’s HyperDeck Studio Mini is a portable broadcast quality record/playback deck that can also be rackmounted. It features a 6G-SDI input that allows capturing video up to 2160p30, and it incorporates one HDMI and two 6G-SDI outputs. It records to two SD card slots, which enable virtually endless recordings. The HyperDeck Studio Mini is housed in a 1RU rackmountable unit but is approximately 1/3 of a rack wide. It features a front panel button control and a jog/shuttle wheel for an analog scrubbing feel. RS-422 control is supported for external control. You can also control the unit using either the USB port or over Ethernet via the RJ-45 connector. An integrated LCD on the front panel allows you to monitor the video.
- UHD 4K Recording and Playback
- The HyperDeck Studio Mini records UHD 4K video at up to 30 fps. It also features 720p and 1080p 4:4:4:4 file support with fill and key outputs.
- Video Inputs
- It supports SD, HD, 3G, and 6G signals over SDI.
- Supported Codecs
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime, ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime.
- VTR Style Controls
- Featuring VTR style front panel controls for record and playback, while a built-in jog/shuttle wheel provides analog style control over your playback.
- The unit is controllable via RS-422 control and over the Ethernet or USB port.
- Built-In LCD Monitor
- The unit’s front panel also features a built-in LCD screen that allows you to monitor input or playback video.
- Included Software
- The HyperDeck Studio Mini includes Media Express, Disk Speed test, Blackmagic System Preferences, and Blackmagic driver software (Mac only).