ZOOM H5 HANDY RECORDER WITH INTERCHANGEABLE MICROPHONE SYSTEM
Modular Mic and Input System
Includes XY Microphone Module
Four Simultaneous Inputs
Uses SD Memory Cards
Compatible with H6 Mic Modules
Optional Shotgun Mic and XLR/TRS Inputs
Record up to 24-bit/96kHz Audio
Doubles as USB Audio Interface
Optional Hot Shoe Mount
The H5 Handy from Zoom is a compact, portable handheld digital recorder that is capable of four-track recording and features an interchangeable, modular microphone system. The recorder ships with an XY microphone capsule and is compatible with the existing line of H6 modules including the optional shotgun mic and XLR/TRS input modules.
The included XY stereo mic module provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle, and features a built-in shockmount system and a maximum SPL of 140dB. Additionally, the recorder is equipped with two inputs for external sources, allowing you to record simultaneously with the included stereo XY mic for a total of four input channels. Each input is controllable by its own analog gain knob, and also has a -20dB pad.
The recorder also has an LCD screen and a side-mounted toggle control for navigating through the menu options. It gives you fast access to transport functions, offering physical control buttons right underneath the screen, and conveniently stores its recorded audio to external SD cards.
In addition to the detachable X/Y capsule, the recorder also ships with a foam windscreen, a 2GB SD card, two AA batteries, a USB cable, WaveLab LE (download), Cubase LE (download), and a hard plastic case.
- Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shockmounted microphones for reduced handling noise
Compatible with Zoom H6 input capsules and optional capsules including the SGH-6 shotgun mic capsule and the EXH-6 dual XLR/TRS combo input capsule
Four-track simultaneous recording
Large backlit LCD display
Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
Analog-style gain controls for each input
Protective "roll-bar" type covers prevent accidental movement of gain controls
Plug-in power (2.5 volts)
Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
Chromatic tuner and metronome
Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
A/B loop playback
Variable playback speed and variable pitch without affecting playback speed
Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with loop back function
Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
Uses two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
Why Use Applix?
- Free delivery with all purchases, across South Africa.
- Extensive and superior support - via phone, email and personally in-store.
- Specialized company involved in the supply, installation and service of professional equipment.
- 100% warranty on all products, with manufacturer support.
- Professional after sales services and technical expert assistance.
- Exclusive rights on various products and services, which we extend to you.
- All online transactions are digitally encrypted using the latest technologies.
- We never share your information with third parties.
- Multiple payment methods: Instant EFT, Credit Cards, Rental Agreements, Payment Gateways, Cash on Delivery or Collection.
- Quality is our priority, rather than the lowest price.
- Fully-equipped service centres whilst providing service support down to component level.
- We design studios and build specialized equipment to integrate audio visual systems.
- We value every transaction and respect the individuality of each customer.
- Frequent and individualised updates according to customer preferences.
- Independent advice, ensuring that customers have the most appropriate and cost-effective solution for their requirements.