NEWTEK TALKSHOW VS-100
Host Guests/Correspondents via Skype
Optimize Skype Calls for Broadcast
Scaling and Image Quality Controls
HD-SDI and XLR Input and Output
Dual Ethernet Ports for TriCaster/3Play
HDMI and DVI for Local Preview Monitor
Skype TX Software Installed
GPI Port for Tally Input
1RU Rackmountable Form Factor
SPECIAL ORDER PRODUCT- 7 to 10 WORKING DAYS WAITING PERIOD
Skype provides a great way for guests and correspondents to remote in to a live broadcasts, unfortunately relying on consumer hardware is fraught with glitches and interruptions. Packaged neatly within a 1RU rackmountable frame, the VS-100 TalkShow Video Calling System from NewTek is a bespoke computer running Skype TX software that is purpose-built for integrating Skype calls into live TV/Web broadcasts. It features dual Ethernet ports for TriCaster and 3Play users plus HD-SDI video in and out as well as balanced XLR audio in and out for hardware-based switchers. Quality settings and scaling are handled within the built-in software, helping eliminate many of the artifacts and aspect ratio issues encountered when simply scan-converting the output of a computer. It also features controls for tweaking the caller's audio, helping ensure both picture and sound are up to broadcast requirements.
Apart from quality, the VS-100 mitigates other pitfalls associated with relying on normal Skype software and consumer computers for critical live applications. In particular, interruptions from other calls, personal data getting mingled in by accident, or IT related problems such as the software freezing or crashing. And in case something goes wrong on the caller's end, there is an option to automatically cutaway to a user-defined still image until a good quality signal is restored or the director is able to cut to a new subject.
- Works with Any Skype User
- Record on-air conversations with anyone, anywhere in the world who has a Skype account or can download the Skype client
- Eliminate the Satellite Truck
- Have correspondents "phone" in their reports over Skype to eliminate the need for a broadcast truck or rental of studio space with a satellite link
- Works Like Any Video Source
- Add behind-the scenes technical quality control to call audio and video, just like any in-studio production source
- Get Higher Quality Results
- Avoid the conversion loss, aspect-ratio squashing, and video artifacts of using desktop video with scan converters
- Reliability of a Dedicated Professional Solution
- Avoid the risk of consumer-technology glitches, call interruptions, or computer crashes on the receiving end
- Reduce the risks associated with mixing personal communication applications with professional systems
- Remove the unexpected interruptions of conventional software, OS, firewall, and IT policies that make it inconvenient to air video calls from traditional laptops and computer screens
- Studio-Grade Skype TX software
- Skype TX is a special, broadcast edition of Skype that provides audio and video free from notifications, adds, or other pop-ups, is designed to avoid aspect ratio mis-matches, and supports multiple calls at once
- Tally Notification of Video Calls
- Allows operators to see when TalkShow Skype feeds are currently live in a program
- Add TalkShow Units for Multiple Skype Calls
- Add TalkShow units and manage all within a single interface that offers previews, continuous call quality monitoring, and contact management. Use SkypeTX Control software - rather than direct keyboard and mouse operation - to manage multipe systems in simultaneous call/multiple TalkShow unit environments
- Built-In Video Quality Checks
- Failover to a custom still image when unforeseen bandwidth constraints occur below operator-defined preset value
- Quality Optimizations
- Uses a proprietary, real-time video processing engine that incorporates scaling, format conversion, aspect ratio conversion, and color correction routines. In addition, the software limits the return video resolution in order to prioritize quality for the incoming call video
- HD-SDI Input and Output
- Output a live video call to any production switcher with SDI and receiver SDI video from a router or any production source to send a return image back to remote caller over IP
- Dual Channel Ethernet Connectivity
- Integrate with other NewTek systems. Output over Ethernet to the 3Play integrated sports production system or TriCaster multi-camera production system, while reserving the SDI hardware connection for other feeds
- XLR Audio Input and Output
- Bring in professional quality audio to send out over the return feed, and output incoming audio over a professional quality connector for integration via your studio's analog audio mixer
- Image Adjustments
- Built-in image adjustment includes full proc-amp controls and automatic color correction
- Audio Controls
- Audio controls include compressor/limiter, graphic equalizer, and adjustable head-room
- GPI Tally Port
- Incorporate a tally system via the HD15 GPI (general purpose input) connector
- HDMI and DVI Outputs
- The integrated GPU features one HDMI and one DVI output for local monitoring
- Front Panel Display
- Rack-viewable RGB preview of Skype video calls, VU metering, caller, time, status, tally (on air) notification, and more
- Rackmountable 1RU Form Factor
- The standard 1RU rackmount design makes the VS-100 hardware and easy fit for integration alongside your existing studio hardware
|SKU||NEWTEK TALKSHOW VS-100|
|Youtube Video Review||40Sw7x4FQy0|
Why Use Applix?
- Free delivery with all purchases, across South Africa.
- Extensive and superior support - via phone, email and personally in-store.
- Specialized company involved in the supply, installation and service of professional equipment.
- 100% warranty on all products, with manufacturer support.
- Professional after sales services and technical expert assistance.
- Exclusive rights on various products and services, which we extend to you.
- All online transactions are digitally encrypted using the latest technologies.
- We never share your information with third parties.
- Multiple payment methods: Instant EFT, Credit Cards, Rental Agreements, Payment Gateways, Cash on Delivery or Collection.
- Quality is our priority, rather than the lowest price.
- Fully-equipped service centres whilst providing service support down to component level.
- We design studios and build specialized equipment to integrate audio visual systems.
- We value every transaction and respect the individuality of each customer.
- Frequent and individualised updates according to customer preferences.
- Independent advice, ensuring that customers have the most appropriate and cost-effective solution for their requirements.