BLACKMAGIC DESIGN URSA MINI 4K PL CAMERA
The compact URSA Mini camera with PL lens mount, 4.6K Super 35 sensor and an incredible 15 stops of dynamic range, is lightweight and perfectly balanced for handheld use and comfortable enough for all day shooting. Compatible with the most cinematic PL lenses, features include 12G-SDI connections, 5” fold out touchscreen monitor and side grip with camera control functions as well as dual CFast card recorders, built in stereo microphones and more!
Effective Sensor Size
25.34mm x 14.25mm (Super35)
PL via lens control connector.
4608 x 2592
4096 x 2304 (4K 16:9)
4608 x 1920 (4K 2.4:1)
4096 x 2160 (4K DCI)
3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD)
3072 x 2560 (3K Anamorphic)
2048 x 1152 (2K 16:9)
2048x1080 (2K DCI)
1920 x 1080
Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported. Off-speed frame rates up to 60p in 4.6K, 120p in 2K HD windowed.
Focus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses with servo focus via broadcast 12-pin connector.
Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings on compatible lenses via broadcast 12-pin connector so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.
1 x 5” 1920 x 1080
LCD capacitive touchscreen
Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords.
Touchscreen menus on 5” screen. Push buttons for other controls. 2 assignable shortcut keys.
1 x mono speaker, enabled in playback mode when headphones are not used.
Total Video Inputs
1 x SDI
Total Video Outputs
1 x SDI, 1 x SDI Monitoring.
1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G.
Analog Audio Inputs
2 x XLR analog switchable between mic and line levels. Phantom power support.
Analog Audio Outputs
1 x 3.5mm headphone jack, supports iPhone microphone for talkback.
2 x 2.5mm LANC input for Rec Start/Stop, plus Iris and Focus control using compatible lenses.
USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates.
Integrated stereo microphone.
Built in Speaker
SD Video Standards
HD Video Standards
1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
Ultra HD Video Standards
2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p60
SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424 Level B, Draft SMPTE 2081-1, Draft SMPTE 2082-1
SDI Audio Sampling
48 kHz and 24 bit
2 x CFast for HD and Ultra HD recording.
Can format cards to ExFAT (Windows/Mac) or HFS+ (Mac) file systems
CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, CinemaDNG RAW 4:1, Apple ProRes 4444 XQ QuickTime, ProRes 4444 QuickTime, ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime and ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime.
Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol. 2 x 2.5mm LANC for lens and record control.
Talkback and Tally
Live Tally Indicator
Tally on LCD, viewfinder and studio viewfinder.
SDI Channels 15 and 16.
2 x CFast 2.0
Please click here for a summary of compatible media.
4608 x 2592
CinemaDNG RAW - 513MB/s
CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 - 180 MB/s
CinemaDNG RAW 4:1 - 135 MB/s
3840 x 2160
Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 250 MB/s
Apple ProRes 444 - 165 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 110 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 - 73.6 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 LT - 51 MB/s
Apple ProRes Proxy - 22.4 MB/s
1920 x 1080
Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 62.5 MB/s
Apple ProRes 444 - 41.25 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 27.5 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 - 18.4 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 LT - 12.75 MB/s
Apple ProRes Proxy - 5.6 MB/s
Storage rates based on 30 frames per second.
Lossless CinemaDNG RAW, RAW 3:1 and RAW 4:1 with film dynamic range at 4608 x 2592, 4608 x 1920, 4096 x 2304, 4096 x 2160, 3072 x 2560, 2048 x 1152, 2048 x 1080 and 1920 x 1080. Apple ProRes 4608 x 2592, 4608 x 1920, 4096 x 2304, 4096 x 2160, 3072 x 2560, 2048 x 1152, 2048 x 1080 and 1920 x 1080 with either film or video dynamic range.
URSA Mini Operating System
DaVinci Resolve Studio grading software including Resolve USB dongle for Mac OS X and Windows.
Blackmagic Media Express software.
Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.
Why Use Applix?
- Free delivery with all purchases, across South Africa.
- Extensive and superior support - via phone, email and personally in-store.
- Specialized company involved in the supply, installation and service of professional equipment.
- 100% warranty on all products, with manufacturer support.
- Professional after sales services and technical expert assistance.
- Exclusive rights on various products and services, which we extend to you.
- All online transactions are digitally encrypted using the latest technologies.
- We never share your information with third parties.
- Multiple payment methods: Instant EFT, Credit Cards, Rental Agreements, Payment Gateways, Cash on Delivery or Collection.
- Quality is our priority, rather than the lowest price.
- Fully-equipped service centres whilst providing service support down to component level.
- We design studios and build specialized equipment to integrate audio visual systems.
- We value every transaction and respect the individuality of each customer.
- Frequent and individualised updates according to customer preferences.
- Independent advice, ensuring that customers have the most appropriate and cost-effective solution for their requirements.