BLACKMAGIC DESIGN HYPERDECK STUDIO 2
1RU File-Based Video Recorder
Records Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2
Records Compressed in ProRes / DNxHD
Records on Two 2.5" SSDs
1 x 3G-SDI Input, 3 x Outputs
1 x HDMI Input, 1 HDMI Output
Outputs are Always Active
Front Panel Button, Jog Wheel & RS-422
Multi-Display Integrated LCD
The Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio 2 is a file-based deck that features the same functionality and control of professional tape decks. It records uncompressed video with 4:2:2 color sampling at 10-bit in Quicktime format, and also records video using either ProRes or DNxHD codecs. With two SSD slots, you can record almost endlessly as one SSD becomes full, recording automatically continues on to the other. The HyperDeck Studio features one 3G-SDI input and three SD/HD/3G-SDI outputs plus a loopthrough output, and one HDMI input and one HDMI output. All outputs, except the loopthrough SDI, are always active, so playback is available on both the SDI and HDMI outputs no matter what input it was recorded from.
The Studio 2 is a 1RU rack mountable unit, with built-in rack mount ears. It features illuminated front panel button control and a jog/shuttle wheel for analog scrubbing. RS-422 control is supported for external control. You can also control the unit using either the USB port or over Ethernet via the RJ45 connector. An integrated LCD on the front panel allows you to monitor the video, and display timecode and transport information.
- File-Based Recording
- The HypeDeck Studio 2 records to uncompressed Quicktime at 10-bit with 4:2:2 color sampling. It also records to ProRes 422(HQ), Avid DNxHD and Avid DNxHD MXF
- Two SSD Bays
- The unit incorporates two 2.5" SSD slots that allow you to record almost endlessly as recording seamlessly switches from one SSD to the other as the first one fills up.
- Video Signals
- The HyperDeck Studio 2 features separate dedicated input & output connectors, and supports SD/HD signals over SDI and HDMI. In addition to NTSC and PAL signals, 720 x 480p and 720 x 576p signals are only supported over HDMI.
- VTR Style Controls
- The HyperDeck Studio 2 features VTR style front panel controls for record and playback. With illuminated buttons, for working in dim locations or settings, while a built-in jog/shuttle wheel provides analog style control over your playback.
- The HyperDeck Studio 2 features one HDMI, two SDI, and one SDI monitor out which are always active, no matter what the original input signal is. The exception is with 480p & 576p signals over HDMI, these signals will only play back over the HDMI output.
- The unit also features a loopthrough SDI output that only passes the signal from the SDI input, and does not output recorded video from the SSDs.
- The unit is controllable via RS-422 control and over the Ethernet or USB port.
- Built-In LCD Monitor
- The unit's front panel also features a built-in LCD screen that allows you to monitor input or playback video as well as timecode, format, and audio levels.
- SDI Connectors
- The unit's SDI connectors are 3G capable, but currently the unit only supports HD video up to 1.5Gb/s (HD-SDI).
- Included Software
- The HyperDeck Studio 2 includes HyperDeck Utility.
Why Use Applix?
- Free delivery with all purchases, across South Africa.
- Extensive and superior support - via phone, email and personally in-store.
- Specialized company involved in the supply, installation and service of professional equipment.
- 100% warranty on all products, with manufacturer support.
- Professional after sales services and technical expert assistance.
- Exclusive rights on various products and services, which we extend to you.
- All online transactions are digitally encrypted using the latest technologies.
- We never share your information with third parties.
- Multiple payment methods: Instant EFT, Credit Cards, Rental Agreements, Payment Gateways, Cash on Delivery or Collection.
- Quality is our priority, rather than the lowest price.
- Fully-equipped service centres whilst providing service support down to component level.
- We design studios and build specialized equipment to integrate audio visual systems.
- We value every transaction and respect the individuality of each customer.
- Frequent and individualised updates according to customer preferences.
- Independent advice, ensuring that customers have the most appropriate and cost-effective solution for their requirements.