ATOMOS SUMO 19" 4K MONITOR RECORDER
1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Display
10-Bit FRC Monitor Processing
HDMI 2.0 and 12G-SDI Inputs/Outputs
1200 cd/m² Brightness
HDR Mode with 10-Stop Dynamic Range
High Bright Mode for Rec. 709 Viewing
4K up to 60p / 1080p up to 240 fps
10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHR Encoding
12-Bit Raw Recording from Select Cameras
Records to 2.5" Master Caddy Media
With its large, bright color-accurate 19" LCD screen and 4K recording capabilities, the Atomos Sumo can be implemented to enhance professional video workflows in both production and post-production. On set, the Sumo's HDR capabilities enable cinematographers to realize more of a cinema camera's dynamic range when shooting in log or raw formats. All the built-in monitoring tools are also compatible with the HDR rendering, updating to accommodate the larger dynamic range. Additionally, the Sumo can record incoming DCI and UHD 4K video in various flavors of Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHR to Master Caddy II storage media. With supported cameras, 12-bit raw recording over SDI is also possible, for more flexibility in post-production.
Back in the studio, the HDR capabilities of the Sumo are again beneficial; enabling editors and colorists to see deeper into the captured image information. The 10-bit image processing, combined with the 10-bit FRC capable LCD panel, shows subtle gradations in recorded footage whether playing back directly from recording media or from a connected computer. The display itself can be calibrated to maintain color accuracy over the Sumo's lifetime.
- On the DIT Cart
- Get HDR on set in real time with on-the-fly log to HDR and PQ (Perceptual Quantizer)/HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) playback, complete with mission-critical monitoring tools such as waveform, focus peaking, false color, and vectorscope on the calibrated screen. Beyond monitoring, with DCI 4K, UHD, 2K, and 1080p recording, you can generate instant dailies to readily available SSD media.
- 1st AC Monitor
- The large 19" panel gives focus pullers access to a high-quality HD image with focus assist tools such as peaking and 2:1/1:1 zoom. The robust aluminum-alloy chassis ensures that this monitor can be moved and reset for every shot during the production.
- Client/Director's Monitor
- Remap incoming flat-looking log footage to HDR for a more exciting and true-to-life preview of the footage. Full playback controls and XML file tagging means that a director can review footage and create an instant lightweight ProRes LT copy, with baked-in LUTs and audio, to the onboard SSD. You can choose to view both log and standard gamma images with or without looks applied, with quick toggling between them for ease of comparison.
- Studio Monitor
- In the studio, you can leverage the HDR capabilities of the Sumo for accurate monitoring. With a 10-stop dynamic range and 10-bit processing combined with X-Rite calibration, you can be sure that your color-corrected images will translate through the post-production pipeline.
- Production-Grade Build Quality
- The aluminum alloy chassis houses 10 mounting points around the top, bottom, and side, a rear panel VESA mount, and an included stand for a variety of mounting configurations.
- Versatile I/O Options
- Seamlessly connect an SDI or HDMI device and convert between HDMI 2.0 and SDI (Quad 3G/6G/12G) in any combination. Quad SDI inputs connect cameras with multiple 1.5 or 3G-SDI outputs without the need for converters. HDMI 2.0 supports up to DCI 4K and UHD input and output, along with the very latest Atomos open protocol that supports HDR automation, including importing of camera settings. There is also support for Genlock and LTC timecode.
- High-Quality Recording
- Capture the raw data stream output from Sony's FS5, FS7, or FS700, Canon's C300 Mark II or C500, or Panasonic's VariCam LT over SDI up to 12-bit DCI 4K as Cinema DNG, 10-bit Apple ProRes, or 10-bit Avid DNxHR. The processing power of Sumo preserves pristine quality direct from the camera, with data rates up to 3.2 Gbps.
- Versatile Functionality
- Using multiple inputs, you can record and play back up to four HD video channels, live. Leveraging the Sumo's XML capabilities, you can switch and mix a live recording, and stream or record four HD ISO recordings. Switch between feeds on-screen with cueing, crossfade, and hard cuts from the locked sources, or tag and adjust final edits with advanced metadata tagging preserving ISO feeds, with the desired result infinitely editable.
- Built-In XLR Audio
- Eliminate the need for a separate audio recorder by using the full-size XLR connections to connect and power external microphones, for balanced analog audio with dedicated meters and adjustments for frame delay and gain. Phantom powered (48V) mics and line-level audio are all seamlessly synchronized, so there's no need to match in post. There are also a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and built-in speakers, for on set instant or playback review with clients or the production team.
- HDR Processing
- The Sumo's 19" 1920 x 1080 10-bit LCD panel is driven by the AtomHDR engine which precisely maps log, PQ, or HLG video feeds from popular cameras, game consoles, or TV manufacturers to resolve 10 stops of HDR in real time. The brightness range and vivid colors of HDR bring scenes to life, either on the monitor itself or when outputting to larger HDR/Rec 709 displays for on set review. It can also be used with popular editing software programs or grading suites for affordable HDR/SDR editing or grading in the studio.
- Daylight-Viewable LCD Screen
- The bright 1200 cd/m² display means you can accurately monitor SDR signals, even when outside in full daylight. If additional light control is required, an optional sun hood is available separately.
- X-Rite Calibration
- Like many high-end video and computer monitors, the Sumo can be calibrated to compensate for the natural color and brightness drift that monitors exhibit over time. The Sumo's calibration input lets you use X-Rite's separately available i1Display Pro to always ensure accurate HDR and REC. 709 monitoring.
- Continuous Power
- Dual 4-pin XLR inputs for power means that the Sumo can automatically switch power sources should one stop providing power. In the field, a separate power bracket can be used to supply the Sumo with power from V-Mount or Gold Mount batteries. When one battery dries up, you can hot swap it for a fresh one without interrupting the shoot
Why Use Applix?
- Free delivery with all purchases, across South Africa.
- Extensive and superior support - via phone, email and personally in-store.
- Specialized company involved in the supply, installation and service of professional equipment.
- 100% warranty on all products, with manufacturer support.
- Professional after sales services and technical expert assistance.
- Exclusive rights on various products and services, which we extend to you.
- All online transactions are digitally encrypted using the latest technologies.
- We never share your information with third parties.
- Multiple payment methods: Instant EFT, Credit Cards, Rental Agreements, Payment Gateways, Cash on Delivery or Collection.
- Quality is our priority, rather than the lowest price.
- Fully-equipped service centres whilst providing service support down to component level.
- We design studios and build specialized equipment to integrate audio visual systems.
- We value every transaction and respect the individuality of each customer.
- Frequent and individualised updates according to customer preferences.
- Independent advice, ensuring that customers have the most appropriate and cost-effective solution for their requirements.