ATOMOS NINJA BLADE 5" HDMI ON-CAMERA MONITOR & RECORDER
1280 x 720 On-Camera Monitor & Recorder
5" IPS/325 DPI Touchscreen Display
Waveform, Vectorscope, Focus Peaking
Records 1080p, 10-Bit, 4:2:2
ProRes or DNxHD Encoding and Playback
HDMI Input and Loop-Output
Records to 2.5" HDDs/SSDs
Cut and Tag Editing Tool
Please verify stock with us
The Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI Monitor & Recorder features a 1280 x 720 resolution display with 325 dpi providing a sharp image, in a small monitoring package. It records up to 1080 30p/60i resolution via HDMI to an available HDD or SSD using either Apple's ProRes or Avid's DNxHD codecs. Recording at 10-bit with 4:2:2 color sampling, this unit provides you a monitoring and recording solution in one compact battery powered unit.
The Ninja Blade features an on screen display system that allows you to select the functions you wish to control with a touch of your finger. Select from waveform or vectorscope overlay to view the signals, focus peaking helps you to see what is in focus in your shot.
Blade accepts 2.5" HDDs/SSDs. These are sold separately, but you get a docking station that offloads these drives to your computer via USB 3.0/2.0. You also get a Sony-type NP-F570 battery, a charger, an AC adapter for continuous power, and two master caddies for available HDD/SSD. It features two 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holed, one each top and bottom.
For a list of compatible cameras, please visit Atomos.com/support, and click on Knowledge Base.
- Key Features
- 325DPI, 5" IPS 1280 x 720 capacitive touchscreen monitor/recorder.
- Waveform RGB & luma parade, vectorscope with zoom, and test pattern generator.
- Adjustable gamma, contrast and brightness.
- HDMI input and output.
- Real-time monitoring, playback, playout to a PC or Mac with QuickTime, and edit logging.
- Focus peaking, 0-100% zebra, and two modes of false color monitoring.
- Records 10-bit, 4:2:2 in ProRes or DNxHD.
- S-Log / C-Log recording.
- Trigger REC/STOP from camera (Canon, Sony, ARRI, Panasonic, RED, JVC)
- Timecode from camera.
- 2.5" HDD/SSD media storage.
- Uncompressed Recording
- The Ninja Blade records directly from from the camera's video output, bypassing in camera compression, allowing the unit to record at 10-bit, 4:2:2 to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD.
- AtomOS 5.0 Capacitive Touchscreen OS
- Blade's operating system, AtomOS, manages recording, playback, monitoring, and simple cut and tag editing via a capacitive touchscreen. AtomOS 5.0 supports alpha channel, transparency support, full waveform RGB and luma parade, and vectorscope with zoom.
- Cut and Tag
- AtomOS 5.0 lets you rough cut your footage, tag it as Favorite or Reject, and then save it as a project to be finished and polished in the studio. You can cut and tag short and long clips with transport controls and finite frame-by-frame accurate stepping.
- Synced REC Trigger and Timecode
- The Blade provides frame accurate timecode and start stop triggers over HDMI from many cameras, including Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, JVC, RED and ARRI. It also features LANC and rolling timecode trigger for those older cameras that don't have start stop flag protocols on board. The Blade additionally has tally lights to indicate start time.
- ProRes and DNxHD Encoding & Playback
- The unit encodes in your choice of Apple's ProRes and Avid's DNxHD codec and can also play back any ProRes or DNxHD file from any system, recorder or edit suite. You can take advantage of this playback capacity to take rushes on the road.
- HDD or SSD Storage
- It records to available 2.5" HDDs or SSDs, which are hot swappable. As SSDs are resistant to vibration they are ideal for shoots in rough conditions, such as on a race track.
- File Recovery
- In case you accidentally pull the power or remove the storage drive while recording, the operating system will detect the disruption and will reconstruct your file to within 2 frames.
- Audio Monitoring
- All audio, even analog, is locked frame accurately to every video frame, never drifting or losing sync. If digital audio is out of sync from the camera, you can even adjust sync on the fly by advancing or delaying incoming audio. The Ninja Blade monitors/records 2 channels of audio embedded in the HDMI signal, and 2 analog audio channels.
- The Blade is built with aircraft grade aluminum and features locking mechanisms for each removable part.
- Low Power Consumption
- Blade consumes only 6W of power and can be powered by the included Sony NP Type battery. The unit features two locking battery slots, and comes with a Nikon EN-EL15 type battery adapter plate, and an LP-E6 type battery adapter plate, allowing you to use batteries other than the Sony NP type to power the unit.
Why Use Applix?
- Free delivery with all purchases, across South Africa.
- Extensive and superior support - via phone, email and personally in-store.
- Specialized company involved in the supply, installation and service of professional equipment.
- 100% warranty on all products, with manufacturer support.
- Professional after sales services and technical expert assistance.
- Exclusive rights on various products and services, which we extend to you.
- All online transactions are digitally encrypted using the latest technologies.
- We never share your information with third parties.
- Multiple payment methods: Instant EFT, Credit Cards, Rental Agreements, Payment Gateways, Cash on Delivery or Collection.
- Quality is our priority, rather than the lowest price.
- Fully-equipped service centres whilst providing service support down to component level.
- We design studios and build specialized equipment to integrate audio visual systems.
- We value every transaction and respect the individuality of each customer.
- Frequent and individualised updates according to customer preferences.
- Independent advice, ensuring that customers have the most appropriate and cost-effective solution for their requirements.